In 2004, I wrote about what I carry around in my gadget bag. Here’s a 2007 update:
- Apple Macbook Pro 17″ – My trusty 2005 Powerbook G4 died on me earlier this year on a trip to Dallas. This is the latest one – unfortunately not the most current line of Macbook Pro though. Upgraded to 3G of RAM.
- Apple iPod – 60GB version from two generations ago. Currently using 56GB. At work, I dock it into a stereo rig. Otherwise, I use the Shure e4c headphones – expensive, but worth it.
- Apple iPod Shuffle (Silver) – I use this when working out or hitting the road on the bicycle.
- Palm Treo 700wx – this is my domestic cell phone / PDA. It syncs wirelessly using Sprint’s EVDO broadband to our Microsoft Exchange servers – providing me with email, contacts, and other information wherever I am.
- Apple iPhone – my personal & international cell phone. My work phone number forwards over to this phone – making it the onestop shop for communications wherever I am.
- Levenger Notebook – I use leather three-ring binder from Levenger to hold my daily schedule, executive summaries, tasks, and various notes as I motor throughout my day. Some of my forms are custom made using Abode Illustrator. I’m also a huge fan of Dave Seah’s Printable CEO series.
- Moleskine Reporter Pocket Notebook – I carry this when I’m highly mobile – it primarily serves as my portable task list.
- Moleskine Reporter Large Notebook – I use this for notetaking and meetings, etc. I began using these when I moved to our headquarters in 2005 – I now have 6 of them filed away in the desk. It’s helped me never lose my notes!
- Sprint Broadband Card – this is used with my work laptop (not listed) to connect to the internet in order to sync up email, etc. when traveling.
- United States Passport – never leave home without it. Now featuring a 5 year entry/exit visa for India.
When I switched to the 17″ Macbook Pro my Brenthaven backpack of years past simply wouldn’t hold the laptop safely. So, I dropped over to Marshall Field’s (now Macy’s unfortunately) and picked up a Tumi Nylon Briefcase that was roomy enough to hold my 17″ laptop. I’ve been in love with my bag ever since.
What’s in your bag?