In one of the comments on an earlier post of mine from this week, Kerri asked what a moonbat was…
Moonbat is a term used generally to describe leftist idiots like A.N.S.W.E.R., the Socialist Action Network, and others. But in the interest of being fair, I looked up the Wikipedia definition of “moonbat”:
1. “Someone on the extreme edge of whatever their -ism happens to be.” (de Havilland )
2. “someone who sacrifices sanity for the sake of consistency” (Adriana Cronin)
3. “… human whose cerebral cortex has turned to silly putty causing him or her to mentally slide down the evolutionary ladder to the level of a winged rat who is influenced by the moon and wants to suck your blood. Also not-so-affectionately known as a “Democrat”.” (www.barking-moonbat.com F.A.Q)
4. Not liberals, but leftists. Whereas liberals are patriotic, leftists seek to undermine their national strength. Anti-war protestors, likely to call the US military “nazis,” apt to blame the 9-11 attacks on a US government and Zionist conspiracy, are moonbats. Liberals who oppose the war, are not.
5. A poster at the liberal/progressive website Democratic Underground
It’s my intention in 2005 to showcase more of what the moonbats really stand for – and expose some of their stupidity along the way.